[yt-users] How to calculate a field THEN plot a slice, not have SlicePlot recalculate the field

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 06:33:52 PDT 2016

It is currently not possible to create a nonlocal field like you're looking
for. In the past when others have needed something like this they've used a
profile data object, which lets you accumulate values.

We have long term plans to add support for nonlocal fields, but that work
has not yet started.

Nathan