[yt-users] outputting Gadget2 files in HDF5 format to visualize in yt

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 12:16:19 PST 2016

Hi Turhan,

There are numerous methods for installing the HDF5 libraries including
conda (
http://conda.pydata.org/docs/install/quick.html#linux-miniconda-install) or
just building hdf5 from source (
https://support.hdfgroup.org/HDF5/release/obtainsrc.html).

Aside from that, I am not sure what to tell you about other help with
installing gadget.  After all, this is the yt mailing list, not the gadget
help list.  Looks like there is some info here:
http://wwwmpa.mpa-garching.mpg.de/gadget/html/ .  Good luck with the
install!

Cameron

Cameron Hummels