[yt-users] Problem using covering_grid as data_source for the photon_simulator

Markus Haider markus.haider at uibk.ac.at
Wed May 25 09:39:24 PDT 2016

Hi John,

Thanks for your fast reply. So generally we are trying to make a mock
spectrum of a galaxy cluster around the iron line. I enclosed the script
I use, but maybe it is not of a big help as I just started doing this.
You are probably right that I should youse ds.region. What I wanted to
do is selecting a line of sight which is only one cell wide (native
resolution of the simulation) but e.g. 1 Mpc deep.

Cheers,
Markus