[yt-users] [ANN] Introducing the yt Hub

Kacper Kowalik xarthisius.kk at gmail.com
Fri May 6 10:49:40 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone!

The yt community is proud to announce the release of yt Hub 1.0.

The yt Hub (https://hub.yt) is an environment where data can be
published, analyzed and shared with other people.  The yt Hub relies on
multiple open source microservices that are loosely coupled together. At
its core we utilize:

  * Girder - as a data management platform (https://girder.hub.yt)
  * Jupyter Notebook - for interactive data exploration
  * Curldrop - for a quick and easy data sharing
  * MediaGoblin - for a quick and easy image sharing

We encourage you to view this short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_3uT7JHGA to see how we integrated
Girder with Jupyter Notebook or read https://docs.hub.yt/girder.html

Each authenticated user (Google, Bitbucket, or GitHub) is provided with
10GB of free space that can be used for uploading data sets and sharing
them with other people. We plan to gradually increase the storage
capacity of the Hub.  Additionally, we're developing a process for
sharing of large, community-provided data sets. If your data
requirements exceed the current limit, please don't hesitate to contact
us directly so that we can develop a plan to integrate your data in an
efficient way.

Over time we plan to expand the capabilities of the existing services
and add new ones. A short set of documentation describing the current
services and what you can do with them can be found at https://docs.hub.yt/

As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or run into any trouble
please don't hesitate to send a message to the mailing list or stop by
our IRC channel.

We thank the National Science Foundation (ACI-1535651) and the Gordon
and Betty Moore Foundation (GBMF4561) for their support in developing
and deploying this service.

Thank you,

Kacper Kowalik on behalf of the yt development team