[yt-users] Reviewing pull requests

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:05:21 PDT 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 4:01 PM, Stephanie Tonnesen <stonnes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi yt-users,
>
> So I am using the developers yt-conda version of yt.  I am trying to
> review a pull request, but have no idea what I am doing.  All I ever do is
>
> yt update
>
> I literally just broke yt 5 days ago, so I am a bit unwilling to just poke
> around trying out random hg commands to see what happens.  Is this what I
> am supposed to do once I have activated yt?
>
> hg clone https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/ytcd yt
> hg update yt
> python setup.py install --user --prefix=
>
> If you're going to be doing development, you probably want to do

"python setup.py develop"

I'd do "pip uninstall yt" first to delete the installation you put in
.local.

> And *if* this is right, how do I grab a specific change set?

Rather than doing "hg update yt" (which will take you to the most recent
commit on the yt branch), you should do:

$ hg update <revision>

Where <revision> is e.g. a changeset hash or some other identifier.

If you're trying to pull in a specific changeset to your local clone of yt,
you'll also need to pull the changes from the pull request into your local
clone of yt. Which pull request are you looking at?