[yt-users] lightray start and end points

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 23:34:11 PDT 2016

Hi Stephanie,

Looking at the code, I think what you're looking for is the
light_ray_solution list, which is attached to the LightRay object. I just
tried running this cookbook script:

http://yt-project.org/docs/dev/cookbook/cosmological_analysis.html#light-ray

And afterwards inspected the light_ray_solution list:

https://paste.yt-project.org/show/6676/

In this context 'lr' is a light ray object.

I would also encourage you to look at the source code, as that's probably
the best source of truth for this as the docs seem to be a little minimal:

https://bitbucket.org/yt_analysis/yt/src/5e50ddf62454f276c63fc939ab6aa96cceefc817/yt/analysis_modules/cosmological_observation/light_ray/light_ray.py?at=yt&fileviewer=file-view-default