[yt-users] lightray start and end points

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:37:00 PDT 2016

Hi yt-users,

I have a somewhat strange goal using lightray.  I have a large box, 120
Mpc/h on a side, but only a portion of it is highly resolved (about 25
Mpc/h on a side).  I want to create a set of lightrays that span a small,
constant z range and only cross the refined region of the box.

So right now I am using the cosmology LightRay call so that I can set the
redshift range, and would like to be able to take a look at the start and
stop positions of the lightray that is created, and not just in the output
dump of the run.  What command can I use to make those positions into a
variable in my code?  I tried

lr.start_position, but that doesn't exist.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephanie

--