[yt-users] scipy broke yt? maybe python?

Stephanie Tonnesen stonnes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:25:56 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I have the yt-conda installation of yt.  I am trying to create an
absorption spectrum, so need the command "generate_total_fit".

yt told me I needed scipy for this to work.  yt does not have scipy.  So I
typed:
>pip install scipy

scipy was installed.

However, then my submission script no longer worked at all and I was given
the error:

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/jobs/50052.mies.stanford.edu.SC: line 26:  3750
Segmentation fault      python HI_absorbers.py

When I pip uninstall scipy, my code runs again!
The only commands in my script are
source /home/stonnes/yt-conda/bin/activate
python HI_absorbers.py

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!
Stephanie