[yt-users] sliceplot through z axis, but not through z=0

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 12:59:31 PDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:56 PM, tazkera haque <h.tazkera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi yt people,
>
> I have this issue, where I want to get the sliceplots through z and x
> axis, my x axis slice plot is OK but the sliceplot through z axis does not
> show much info. I assume the yt sliceplot through z is defined through z=0,
> may I make a sliceplot that goes through z = 1 , 2 or z = -1 , -2 ?
>
> what changes should I make to this command ?
>
> c =[0,0,0]
> p1 = yt.SlicePlot(pf,field, c)
>
>  I tried changing c = [0,0,2] , it didn't make any change to my plot.
>
> Thanks-
> Tazkera

Hi Tazkera,

You want to do something like:

p1 = yt.SlicePlot(ds, 'z', field, center=c)

Looking at the API docs for SlicePlot you can see how you weren't actually
setting the center keyword argument (since you only used three positional
arguments):

http://yt-project.org/doc/reference/api/generated/yt.visualization.plot_window.SlicePlot.html