[yt-users] Loading particles

Ariadna Murguia doggies012 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:16:08 PDT 2016

Dear yt users,

I'm trying to load a set of particles (a bunch of particles, so I'm running it in the hyades cluster). I have their positions and velocities. What I'm doing is just defining a box as the domain of my simulation, the data as a dictionary of velocities and positions, and just saying yt.load_particles(data=data, bbox=bbox). I tried it for some particle files that I'm using, and it works, but for others, it crashes. I'm getting the following error:

/pfs/sw/python/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/units/yt_array.py:793: RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in divide  return YTArray(super(YTArray, self).__div__(ro))

/pfs/sw/python/yt/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/utilities/math_utils.py:861: RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in arccos  return np.arccos( JdotCoords / np.sqrt(np.sum(coords**2,axis=0)) )

I tried it in my computer with less particles,and it works perfectly. Am I loading the particles wrong or is there a way to fix this error?

Thank you very much in advance

All the best,

Ariadna

Ariadna Murguia Berthier