[yt-users] problems with grid related values from an frb

Slavin, Jonathan jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 27 08:48:09 PDT 2016

​Hi Matthew​,

Thanks for the response.  None of "px", "pdx", "py", and "pdy" work for
me.  I perused the code a bit and it's not entirely clear why they don't.
The data_source for the frb in my case is a slice, as I showed and that
slice object does apparently have those fields defined -- for example doing
px = slc['px'] works, though of course the result is a 1D array of values.
It seems to be related to the _determine_fields method of the data_source
(slice) which rather than returning a tuple, in this case returns a
string.  In any case, I don't really have time right now to look into it
any further.

Jon

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 1:53 PM, <yt-users-request at lists.spacepope.org>
wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> This is expected behavior, but it probably isn't what you're looking
> for.  dx and dr will be the "pixelized" values of those from the
> simulation, so they will reflect the cells that went into creating the
> FRB, rather than the values as they would be computed in the FRB
> itself.  I think what you may be looking for may be accessible in the
> "px" "pdx" "py" and "pdy" fields, which refer to "in the pixel plane"
> and which will be with respect to the FRB.

Jonathan D. Slavin                 Harvard-Smithsonian CfA
jslavin at cfa.harvard.edu       60 Garden Street, MS 83
phone: (617) 496-7981       Cambridge, MA 02138-1516
cell: (781) 363-0035             USA