[yt-users] installation error

Carla Carroll carla.j.bernhardt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 08:36:38 PDT 2015

Hello Nathan,

I removed all of my files from yt-x86_64/ and ran your script and got this
failure report:

        FAILURE REPORT:

  File "$HOME/yt-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial/url.py", line
346, in connect
    **sslutil.sslkwargs(self.ui, host))
  File "$HOME/yt-x86_64/lib/python2.7/site-packages/mercurial/sslutil.py",
line 36, in ssl_wrap_socket
    sslcontext.options &= ssl.OP_NO_SSLv2 & ssl.OP_NO_SSLv3
ValueError: can't clear options before OpenSSL 0.9.8m
*** failed to import extension hgext.imerge: No module named imerge
abort: repository $HOME/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/ not found!
Collecting pip
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement pip (from
versions: )
No matching distribution found for pip

Failure.  Check $HOME/yt-x86_64/yt_install.log.  The last 10 lines are
above.

It seems that the lack of pip on the server I am working on really ruins
it? Do you have any more help to offer after this?

Thank you,
Carla