[yt-users] Accessing Information Stored in Plot.Profile.Field_Data

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 10:27:07 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Madison Fitzgerald <fitzg152 at msu.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m working on accessing the information stored by a phase plot in
> plot.profile.field_data, but yt recognizes this as a list, so I can’t seem
> to get the information out of this list to use.
>
> I’ve attached the script with how I’ve been attempting to access the data (
> http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5985/), and then the output and various
> procedures I’ve tried (http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5986/).

Hi Madison,

I'm sorry, I'm having a tough time inferring the issue you're having
reading the second pastebin.

Can you explain in words a little bit more exactly what the issue is? It
would also help if you expand the first script to get it to the point where
you are having your issue, and then explain what information you are trying
to get out of the profile object.

-Nathan