[yt-users] Comparing AMR slices or projections with a Fixed Resolution Array

Carla Bernhardt carla.j.bernhardt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:57:37 PST 2015

Dear yt users,

I am trying to visually compare a unigrid data cube produced with
smoothed_covering_grid to my AMR enzo Slice (or projection) produced with
SlicePlot (or ProjectionPlot). Using numpy, I converted the fixed
resolution array from the smoothed_covering_grid to a data array and
displayed via imshow, but the results look similar but significantly
different to the AMR enzo Slices or Projections. Part of code below:

cg=ds.smoothed_covering_grid(1,[0,0,0], ds.domain_dimensions*2**1)
data=cg['density']
cube = np.array(data)
plt.imshow(cube[0,:,:])
plt.savefig('unigrid.png')