[yt-users] data_source SlicePlot Error

Andrew James Emerick aje2123 at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 27 14:15:38 PDT 2015

Nathan,

Thanks for the response. I have been delinquent in updating yt.

Running "yt update", however gives me this error:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5492/

Looks like an issue with finding the libhdf5.so.6 library that I couldn't
figure out on my own. I had installed yt from source as to not disturb the
python, numpy, hdf5, etc. installations I already had (managed by
anaconda). I have libhdf5.so.9 in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH (I already tried soft
linking .so.9 as .so.6 .. understandably it threw an error).

Have you run across this before?

Andrew E.

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Andrew James Emerick <
> aje2123 at columbia.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I just ran into an error in using "data_source" kwarg with the SlicePlot
>> function (error message copied below):
>>
>> slice = yt.SlicePlot(ds, axis, field, data_source=region)
>> File
>> "/home/emerick/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yt-3.1dev-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/yt/visualization/plot_window.py",
>> line 1816, in SlicePlot
>>     return AxisAlignedSlicePlot(ds, normal, fields, *args, **kwargs)
>> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'data_source'
>>
>> I have no problem doing the above with ProjectionPlot. If anyone knows
>> what could be causing this I'd appreciate the help. Otherwise I can do some
>> digging into the code myself.
>>

> Hi Andrew,
>
> This should work, but might not if you haven't updated yt in a while.  Can
> you update to the latest development version and try again?
>
> -Nathan
>

>> Thanks,
>> Andrew E.
>> --