[yt-users] YT: Rockstar Halo Finder

Jacob Kneibel kneibelj at msu.edu
Thu Jun 11 12:22:19 PDT 2015

Hello,

I've been trying to run the Rockstar Halo finder on a 1536^3 unigrid
Enzo simulation and have been running into a few issues. I am using
the Blue waters machine and when I run the finder with multiple
readers, the process is killed by the OOM killer, and when I run it
with one reader there is a Network IO error.

My yt version is 3.2-dev, changeset= 8ad62b624390

Here is the python script I am running:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5631/

and here is the job script I'm submitting to blue waters:
http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5632/

I've tried different node and ppn settings, with no luck.

Does anyone have an idea on how to get rockstar to run on the blue
waters system with this large simulation? Or is there a recommended
number of readers based on the number of nodes I set?

Thank you for any help you can give,

Jacob Kneibel