[yt-users] installation_problem

alex volioths alex-volos at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:16:41 PDT 2015

Hello,
thanl you for your help. However, i have installed the dependencies.
RegardsAlex
From: jsoishi at gmail.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:15:25 +0000
To: yt-users at lists.spacepope.org
Subject: Re: [yt-users] installation_problem

Hi Alex,
Did you make sure to run the apt-get command the script prints out before installation begins? It looks like you might be missing some of the packages yt requires. When you first run the install script, it should print something like:
Looks like you're on an Ubuntu-compatible machine.
You need to have these packages installed:
  * libssl-dev  * build-essential  * libncurses5  * libncurses5-dev  * zip  * uuid-dev  * libfreetype6-dev  * tk-dev
You can accomplish this by executing:
$ sudo apt-get install libssl-dev build-essential libncurses5 libncurses5-dev zip uuid-dev libfreetype6-dev tk-dev

If you haven't run that apt-get command, that would explain the error you're seeing.
Jeff