[yt-users] installation_problem

j s oishi jsoishi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 08:15:25 PDT 2015

Hi Alex,

Did you make sure to run the apt-get command the script prints out before
installation begins? It looks like you might be missing some of the
packages yt requires. When you first run the install script, it should
print something like:

Looks like you're on an Ubuntu-compatible machine.

You need to have these packages installed:

  * libssl-dev
  * build-essential
  * libncurses5
  * libncurses5-dev
  * zip
  * uuid-dev
  * libfreetype6-dev
  * tk-dev

You can accomplish this by executing:

$ sudo apt-get install libssl-dev build-essential libncurses5
libncurses5-dev zip uuid-dev libfreetype6-dev tk-dev

If you haven't run that apt-get command, that would explain the error
you're seeing.

Jeff