[yt-users] parallel computation

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 00:46:28 PST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Yuxiang Qin <
yuxiangq at student.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> Dear YT-Users,
>
> I am a fresh man to YT-project. I got a few questions for parallel
> computation on yt. May I ask for help?

of course, that's what the mailing list is for :)

> I tried to do *mpirun -np 4 myscript.py *, but it always failed even when
> I used very simple script like

In what way does it fail?  If there is an error, can you send a copy/paste
of the full error?  We have paste.yt-project.org set up to share error and
code snippets like this.

> #!/usr/bin/env python
> import yt
>

> yt.enable_parallelism()
>

> fname=('
> ../../Smaug/NOZCOOL_LateRe_L010N0512/data/snapshot_103/snap_103.0.hdf5')
>
> ds = yt.load(fname)
> pz = yt.ProjectionPlot(ds, 'z', ('gas', 'temperature'),weight_field='
> density')
> pz.save()
>
> I am using the data from Dr. Alan Duffy. His data is similar to OWLS. So
> when I tried to run a similar script with sample data downloaded from yt
> website, it works. Does anyone know what’s going on here? Is anything wrong
> with my data format or script? How to check it?

If you feel comfortable sharing the data file, one of us could try loading
your data file on our local machine. If you don't feel comfortable sharing
the data file publicly, I'm happy to work with you off-list to get a copy
of the data file.

Best,

Nathan