[yt-users] parallel computation

Yuxiang Qin yuxiangq at student.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 13 16:29:07 PST 2015

Dear YT-Users,

I am a fresh man to YT-project. I got a few questions for parallel computation on yt. May I ask for help?

I tried to do mpirun -np 4 myscript.py , but it always failed even when I used very simple script like
#!/usr/bin/env python
import yt

yt.enable_parallelism()

fname=('../../Smaug/NOZCOOL_LateRe_L010N0512/data/snapshot_103/snap_103.0.hdf5')
ds = yt.load(fname)
pz = yt.ProjectionPlot(ds, 'z', ('gas', 'temperature'),weight_field='density')
pz.save()

I am using the data from Dr. Alan Duffy. His data is similar to OWLS. So when I tried to run a similar script with sample data downloaded from yt website, it works. Does anyone know what’s going on here? Is anything wrong with my data format or script? How to check it?

Warmest sincerely,

--
Yuxiang Qin
PhD Student