[yt-users] Halo dataset not loading into yt properly

Storey-Fisher, Kate kate_storey-fisher at brown.edu
Mon Dec 7 06:07:24 PST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to run Rockstar on a ramses particle dataset outside of yt. I
wrote a Rockstar config file and a high res dark matter particle data file,
and successfully output a correct ascii halo data file. However, when I
load the binary halo data file into yt, it doesn't have any of the field
info and thus I can't create a halo catalog or use this data.

When I run Rockstar in yt, this works fine - both ascii and binary halo
files successfully write. How can I run Rockstar outside of yt so that the
binary data file is written correctly, with the field info?

Thank you!

Best,
Kate Storey-Fisher

--