[yt-users] Question on loading multiple HDF5 files together in one step

Cameron Hummels chummels at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 08:24:49 PDT 2015

There is no automatic way to do this in yt, however, you could just make a
for loop to load each of the hdf5 files, and then combine the numpy arrays
representing each column with the numpy .concatenate() or .flatten()
methods, I imagine.

Cameron

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Katharina Wollenberg <
kwollenberg89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey together,
>
> I have the data for a disk, which I want to visualize, split into 16 HDF5
> files. All files have the same structure and ‘columns’ only that the total
> information of the considered quantities is split over these 16 files.
>
> Before I try merging these files into one single file, I was wondering if
> it is possible with yt to load all the separate files in one step and then
> use one plot command to visualize the combined corresponding ‘columns’
> together in one image.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Katharina Wollenberg

Cameron Hummels