[yt-users] Plot 2D magnetic field lines

David Collins dcollins4096 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 06:05:31 PDT 2015

Hi, Dominik--

What was the yt command you used to make the streamlines and generate the
error you sent?  I used the following and it was successful:
>>> ds = yt.load('DD0004/data0004')
>>> proj = yt.ProjectionPlot(ds,2,'density')
>>> proj.annotate_streamlines('Bx','By')

and it made this image:
http://imgur.com/eZQmqTB
Can you try the above and let me know if it works?

d.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:58 AM, Dominik Derigs <derigs at ph1.uni-koeln.de>
wrote:

> Hi together,
>
> I want to use yt for plotting magnetic field lines in FLASH simulations
> from 2D simulations and slices from 3D simulations.
> An example of what it could look like can be seen here:
> http://aprg.mae.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/tang_51.png
>
> I tried to use yt's streamline function, but this does not work for me:
> http://yt-project.org/doc/visualizing/streamlines.html
>
> The error shown is:
> ValueError: operands could not be broadcast together with shapes (9,9,2)
> (9,9,95) (9,9,2)
>
> The used FLASH file is attached.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Dominik
>
> --
> Dominik Derigs
> I. Physikalisches Institut
> Universität zu Köln
> Zülpicher Straße 77
> 50937 Köln
> GERMANY
>
> Tel. (+49|0) 221 470-8352
> Fax. (+49|0) 221 470-5162
>
> Diese Email ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger
> bestimmt. Zugang, Freigabe, die Kopie, die Verteilung oder Weiterleitung
> durch jemand anderen außer dem Empfänger selbst ist verboten und kann eine
> kriminelle Handlung sein. Bitte löschen Sie die Email, wenn Sie sie durch
> einen Fehler erhalten haben und informieren Sie den Absender.
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential
> and/or privileged material and is intended only for the person or entity to
> which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
> use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
> persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you
> have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
> delete this material from all known records.

-- Sent from a computer.