[yt-users] Suppressing yt output

Andrew James Emerick aje2123 at columbia.edu
Sat Apr 11 12:49:18 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

In general, is there any way to suppress the messages that yt prints to
screen?

Specifically, I am looping through many datasets in an ipython notebook and
would like to stop the yt printout that happens with every "yt.load()"
call. This ends up slowing down and occasionally crashing my notebook.

I've tried normal means of suppressing stdout and stderr, but they don't
seem to be working. Adding ";" at the end of the yt.load call doesn't work,
and adding "%%capture" in the cell in the ipython notebook also does not
work.

Thanks,
Andrew E.

--