[yt-users] rockstar loading

Desika Narayanan dnarayan at haverford.edu
Mon Nov 24 07:28:36 PST 2014

Hey All,

I'm trying to get started with basic Rockstar halo finding in yt (I
typically use HOP, though current analysis requires Rockstar).    I'm
having trouble with the following line:

>from yt.analysis_modules.halo_finding.rockstar.api import
RockstarHaloFinder

which gives the error:  http://paste.yt-project.org/show/5224/

I'm running yt 3.0 (updated this morning).  I just installed Rockstar (I
think) by switching on the INST_ROCKSTAR flag in the install script to 1,
and re-running the script.  To be sure, I am running in an 'activated' yt,
with the following ld_library_path:

>(yt-x86_64)thundersnow:~ desika$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/Users/desika/yt-x86_64/lib:/opt/gsl/lib:

Though I note manually adding the directory:

/Users/desika/yt-x86_64/src/yt-hg/yt/analysis_modules/halo_finding/rockstar/

to my ld_library_path doesn't fix the problem.  Is this symptomatic of an
erroneous installation on my part?

thanks
-desika