[yt-users] Spherical coordinates

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Thu May 15 03:49:00 PDT 2014

Hi Joseph,

On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM, Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
>    Thank you. Do you mind if I test the capability?

Of *course* not!  My worry is only that you'll develop a script that
then gets the API rug pulled out from under it, or that maybe results
in an as-yet unknown error.

> For instance, if
> I have a uniform grid of r, theta, phi and rho, is there a current API
> (subject to change) to test how well yt handles this data that I can
> use to give feedback?

Yup!  In the current tip of yt-3.0, you should be able to load this in
by specifying it in r, theta, phi coordinates to load_uniform_grid and
supplying the argument geometry="spherical".  Slice plots, etc, should
be able to work properly, although projections will not.