[yt-users] Yt geometry viewer

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 03:45:59 PST 2014

Hi Andrew,

Nathan's reply answers the one part ...

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Andrew Davis <davisa at engr.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Hi Matt
>
> Could you point me to the right repo, and maybe even the commands to check
> out the right branch, I cant find this on multiple branches
> yt-3.0/unitrefactor.
>
> Ive cloned and checked out both yours and the mainline.
>
> Out, of curiosity why did you guys not use pytaps to pull out the triangles,
> and retain a bunch of hierarchy info that we will need?

... but to this point, there were two primary reasons.  One is that we
*do* use pytaps for a number of things in the MOAB frontend for yt,
but for the specific, isolated task of reading triangles and
determining the line segments that correspond to the intersection of
those triangles with yt, we did not want to depend on a very heavy
dependency such as pytaps.  This is particularly the case as we want
to be able to use this for non-MOAB frontends, too.

-Matt