[yt-users] sliceplot of a cylinder surface

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 08:31:26 PST 2014

Hi Yi,

What about something like the following:
Make a boolean object out of two disk objects with slightly larger and
slightly smaller radius than the radius you want to analyze.
This boolean object would then encompass just the cylindrical shell you're
interested in.  Then, once you have this object, do a PhasePlot where the x
and y fields are 'theta' and 'z' and the z field of the PhasePlot is
whatever field you want to see.  This should be, in essence, like taking a
slice in constant radius.