[yt-users] sliceplot of a cylinder surface

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 08:03:22 PST 2014

Hi Yi,

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 7:35 PM, Yi Feng <yfen12 at ucsc.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have done a 3D accretion disk simulation in cartesian coordinate. The disk
> is centered at the origin and the disk plane is x-y plane. I want to know
> the disk structure at a fixed radius R, i.e. sqrt(x*x+y*y) equals a
> constant. It is something like the surface of a cylinder. A slice plot of
> cylinder surface is helpful. But sliceplot only applies to a flat plane. So
> how to do a slice plot of a cylinder surface?
> Thanks a lot!

This is an interesting question.  I think it is possible, but I am not
entirely sure yet how one might do it the simplest.  I know Nathan has
done some extractions at fixed R, but I am not sure offhand the best
way to do it such that you get back an image.  In essence, you'd be
transforming the data such that you'd have a sequence of new, variably
sized cells.

Can you file an issue on our issue tracker, which will help make sure
we come back to this?  I am going to be traveling the next few days
but I think I can work something out.