[yt-users] Define a derived field of disk surface density

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 07:38:41 PDT 2014

Hi Suoqing,

If I understand correctly, you want to compute the *local* surface
density (i.e., the integrated density up to that height) for each
cell?  As in, re you defining it such that it's a function of r,
theta, z, or are you computing the surface density *once* for a disk
object and using that (i.e., function of r, theta)?

-Matt