[yt-users] About Volume-Rendering segmentation fault

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:08:58 PDT 2014

Hello,

We're going to need more information to debug this.

Can you share the script you're using to create your volume rendering?

Can you create a stack trace for the segmentation fault?  You could run
python under gdb while it runs your volume rendering script and then print
a backtrace when it crashes. More detail on debugging seg faults in python
here: https://github.com/cython/cython/wiki/DebuggingTechniques

That example uses ddd, which is a graphical frontend for gdb - it will work
just as well under gdb.

-Nathan