[yt-users] yt installation Fedora 20

Varadarajan Parthasarathy varada at camk.edu.pl
Mon Jun 16 06:30:43 PDT 2014

Greetings,

          I am having an installation problem with yt in Fedora 20. I used
pip install yt

Downloading/unpacking yt
  Downloading yt-2.6.2.tar.gz (2.4MB): 2.4MB downloaded
  Running setup.py egg_info for package yt
    /bin/sh: svnversion: command not found
    non-existing path in 'yt/utilities/spatial': 'tests'
    It seems that include prefix is different from lib prefix
    Please use either env variable or cfg to set proper path
    Reading PNG location from png.cfg failed.
    Please place the base directory of your
    PNG install in png.cfg and restart.
    (ex: "echo '/usr/local/' > png.cfg" )
    You can locate the path by looking for png.h
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    /bin/sh: svnversion: command not found

non-existing path in 'yt/utilities/spatial': 'tests'

It seems that include prefix is different from lib prefix

Please use either env variable or cfg to set proper path

Reading PNG location from png.cfg failed.

Please place the base directory of your

PNG install in png.cfg and restart.

(ex: "echo '/usr/local/' > png.cfg" )

You can locate the path by looking for png.h

I tried doing echo /usr/local/ > png.cfg and even tried with /usr/ >
png.cfg, but it did not help. Did any other Fedora 20 user face the same
issue ?

Regards,
Varadarajan