[yt-users] cloud in cell mesh construction for particle data

Brendan Griffen brendan.f.griffen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 15:07:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any Cython routines within yt which takes
particle data and converts it into a cloud-in-cell based mesh which can be
written to a file of my choosing. I heard a while ago there was some such
functionality but it could be too far down the yt rabbit hole to be used as
a standalone? Is this true? I have my own Python code for doing it but it
just isn't fast enough and thought I'd ask the yt community if there were
any wrapper tools available to boost the speed.

Thanks.
Brendan