[yt-users] Mass Flux Across Surface Binned By Velocity

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 19:00:12 PDT 2014

Hi Melinda,

I believe you'll be able to construct that by extracting the x,y,z velocity
fields and Density fields from the surface object:

vx, vy, vz = surf['x-velocity'], surf['y-velocity'], surf['z-velocity']
dens = surf['Density']

These will be four flat numpy arrays which correspond to the values of the
velocity and density fields at the surface boundary.

Hope that helps,

Nathan