[yt-users] Particle filters and subsequent particle deposition

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 04:55:41 PDT 2014

Hi Cameron,

On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM, Cameron Hummels <chummels at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> That is what I figured as well, but it doesn't appear to automatically
> create those deposit fields when you add the particle field after
> initialization of the dataset.  Yes, it creates other deposit fields for the
> particle namespaces (e.g. Gas, Stars, DarkMatter) that are defined at
> initialization. However, when I create a particle filter which makes its own
> set of fields after initialization, these are not automatically added as
> deposit fields.

Hmm.  _setup_filtered_type is called by add_particle_filter, and then
it in turn calls _setup_particle_types([filter.name]), which should
eventually create the derived fields.  I would suggest trying to
figure out at what point the process stops, and then we can figure out
why it thinks it shouldn't add the deposit fields.