[yt-users] Particle filters and subsequent particle deposition

John Wise jwise at physics.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 11 18:51:47 PDT 2014

Hi Cameron,

If the particle filter name is called "bh", you can use the field
("deposit", "bh_cic").  You can also use the other deposit fields, like
"bh_count", "bh_density", "bh_mass".

Cheers,
John

On 07/11/2014 08:16 PM, Cameron Hummels wrote:
> I'm playing with the new particle filter functionality in yt-3.0, but
> I'm running into some problems.  I can successfully create a particle
> filter, but how do I get those fields to be subsequently deposited on
> the grid (like the other fields in the "deposit" namespace)?
>
> Is there a command for forcing a particle field deposition on to the grid?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cameron
>

> --
> Cameron Hummels
> Postdoctoral Researcher
> Steward Observatory
> University of Arizona
> http://chummels.org

John Wise
Assistant Professor of Physics
Center for Relativistic Astrophysics, Georgia Tech
http://cosmo.gatech.edu