[yt-users] Installation problems and support input formats

Slaughter, Andrew E andrew.slaughter at inl.gov
Thu Dec 11 08:07:22 PST 2014

The ExodusII format is a well-supported open source format for finite
element data created by Sandia National Lab, it is similar to VTK in some
ways, but has one nice feature: the ability to store multiple timesteps in
single file, which can be a huge space saver for large finite element
meshes.

It seems like you support reading VTK files and the VTK library supports
the reading of ExodusII files so creating the ability to read Exodus
shouldn't be much trouble.