[yt-users] Cosmological parameters necessary to run synthetic spectrum?

Nicholas Earl nchlsearl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 08:59:11 PST 2014

Hey everyone,

Is there a way to fake the cosmological parameters that the synthetic
spectrum generator looks for in a simulation? Or rather, a "sanctioned"
way? Having the package reference hardcoded values when the parameters
themselves are not found yields other missing fields like 'creation_time'.
I am wondering if this is a consequence of the simulation not being
inherently cosmological?

I am using yt 2.x currently, as I'm aware that there seems to be an issue
with the generator in the 3.0 release.

Thanks for your time,
Nick