[yt-users] Installing a development version alongside an Anaconda installation

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 09:20:59 PST 2014

Hi Daniel,

In your miniconda environment, can you do "conda update setuptools".  If
that fails, try "conda install setuptools".  For some reason you have an
old version of setuptools (from ~2009) in your environment.

To see where it is, you can do something like this:

>>> import setuptools
>>> print setuptools.__file__

Which should tell you where the setuptools module is installed, and might
give you a hint about how it has ended up in your environment.

-Nathan