[yt-users] ionization states in ramses data sets

Sam Geen samgeen at astro.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 03:03:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Do you mean ionisation states in the cooling function for the non-RT
version of RAMSES (i.e. rt=.false. in the namelist) or the ionisation
states per cell for the RT version? (I don't know much about the ATON
module but let us know if you're using this). If you just want the
values in the cooling table then what Matthew said should work, although
I've never tried it myself.

If you do mean the rt=.true. version (compiled with -DRT), then they're
the last nGroups (usually =3) variables in the hydro file, depending on
if you've modified RAMSES to include other variables (I'll need to check
if this is true if you're using MHD). Either you can give the Ramses
output object a list of fields when you create it, or if you use the
default field assignation RAMSES will call variables after
pressure/metallicity "var6", "var7", etc. The last time I looked YT
can't read the RT output files, but these only contain photon counts,
etc; the ionisation states are in the hydro files, which YT can read.

I'm travelling at the moment but can take a quick look if this didn't
answer your question.

Cheers

Sam