[yt-users] Slice Plot Gadget Problem

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 10:51:26 PDT 2014

Hi Jared,

Looking at the traceback, it seems the issue is in calculating the maximum
gas density in the simulation.  I'm not sure why this is failing, but to
see if we can create a plot at all, can you try supplying 'c' as the plot
center instead of 'm'?

Can you also paste the contents of 'ds.field_list' and
'ds.derived_field_list'?

Additionally, can you create a SlicePlot of one of the following fields:

('deposit', 'Gas_smoothed_Density')
('deposit', 'all_cic')

The first is another name for the SPH smoothed gas density - I'm checking
here whether the ('gas', 'density') alias is misbehaving.  The second is
the cloud-in-cell deposited density for all particles in the simulation - I
want to make sure that deposition isn't completely broken for your dataset.

Lastly, if the dataset isn't enormous and it is ok to share it, it would be
helpful if you could share the actual dataset so one of us can reproduce
your problem locally.  We've had a lot of success using dropbox and google
drive for this purpose in the past.

Hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this,

Nathan