[yt-users] Ramses without hydro

Sam Geen samgeen at astro.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 14:19:07 PDT 2014

OK, my local version wasn't up to date, which is why I was confused
before. There seems to be a check for a hydro file (line 370 of
data_structures.py) but I don't think it'd work (it's a check against a
string, not against an os.path.exists call), and it'd only run if you're
checking for fields. I suspect it's a bug in the latest version of the
RAMSES frontend, and we should check that yt doesn't throw an error if
you try to feed it a particle-only dataset, i.e. do a check for a
"hydro_?????.out00001" file, and only read if it exists. If I get time
tomorrow I might try to take a look.