[yt-users] Matplotlib installation failure on OS X

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Tue May 21 07:58:23 PDT 2013

Hi Paul,

Welcome to yt!

We have had a number of problems in the past using gnu compilers that are
not the ones installed with xcode.  I recommend you try again with those
compilers.  To do that, you should be able to just do:
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc
export CXX=/usr/bin/g++

Please, let us know if that doesn't work.  Also, if it doesn't, please just
send us the last 10 or 20 lines of the output log from the install script.
That should be enough to diagnose the problem.

Britton