[yt-users] Matplotlib installation failure on OS X

Paul La Plante plaplant at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 21 07:19:49 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am having trouble installing yt on my personal machine using the install script. I downloaded the script from the suggested website (http://hg.yt-project.org/yt/raw/stable/doc/install_script.sh) and attempted to execute it with `bash install_script.sh.' I have tried a few different combinations of install options, but it always seems to fail while building matplotlib. My system is OS X 10.8.3, and gcc version 4.8.0 (installed from MacPorts). I have attached my yt_install.log.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards,
Paul