[yt-users] strange particle field behavior

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Fri May 10 13:44:23 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am seeing something odd with a field called "IsStarParticle".  This is an
Enzo field defined in the following way:

def _IsStarParticle(field, data):
    is_star = (data['creation_time'] > 0).astype('float64')
    return is_star

When I do the following:
print pf.h.grids[0]['IsStarParticle']

I get the expected field of 1s and 0s.

When I do this:
all_data = pf.h.all_data()
print all_data['IsStarParticle']

I get the values that correspond to the creation_time field.  It does not
matter in what order I do this.  Whenever I try to access the field from a
geometric object, I get the actual creation time and not the field I
expect.  Whenever I access it from a grid object, I get the right thing.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Britton