[yt-users] Porting .ply files to Blender with colors?

Jill P. Naiman jnaiman at ucolick.org
Fri Feb 22 15:02:30 PST 2013

Hi All,

I was curious if anyone has had any luck porting .ply files generated with
yt into Blender with colors?  It seems to port in the surfaces just fine,
but they are a uniform color.  From what I can gather, Blender imports
.ply files with face color instead of vertex so I tried the
surf.export_ply routine with "face" instead of "vertex" for sample_type,
but no luck ("vertex" doesn't work either).

Let me know if I can provide any more useful info.

Thanks for any help,
-J