[yt-users] Is it possible to apply cut_region to add_slice or SlicePlot?

Britton Smith brittonsmith at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 02:54:39 PST 2013

Hi Reju,

SlicePlot does not support the data_source keyword.  Unfortunately, I think
it is more difficult to add this to the slicing machinery than it was to
add this to projections.  However, you should be able to create something
similar to a slice by doing a thin projection.  There are basically two
ways you can do this.  The first is to change the ad object from all_data
to a region where you specify the width of the region along the axis of the
line of sight to be very small.  The second way would be to keep ad the
same and add more cuts to the cut_region command.  For example, if you are
slicing the x axis, you could add 'grid["x"] > some_value', 'grid["x"] <
other_value', to specify the width of the region.  If you then give that
data_source to ProjectionPlot, it should give you something quite similar.

Britton