[yt-users] colorbar rasterization

Nathan Goldbaum goldbaum at ucolick.org
Wed Jun 27 14:28:18 PDT 2012

This is a long-standing bug in matplotlib (discussed here: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4D2DF596.3060503%40hawaii.edu&forum_name=matplotlib-users)

It may be a bit of work on your part to make a simple script that reproduces the bug, but I think it would be worthwhile to report this on matplotlib-users and so that we can get an official response from the matplotlib developers.

I did and bit of googling but unfortunately I can't find a simple fix for this beyond Sam's suggestion to do the conversion to vector graphics by hand.

Cheers,

Nathan Goldbaum
Graduate Student
Astronomy & Astrophysics, UCSC