[yt-users] Crashing PDFs and Login screen after Yt installation

Héctor Aceves Campos aceves at astro.unam.mx
Mon Jul 23 17:49:44 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan and Matt,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I installed it as "sudo" ; since I want it to be available to several
users (in particular some grad students). Unfortunately I did it in
/usr/local and the $PATH points to /usr/local as a lookup directory first.

I guess that the best way -probably under the assumption that Yt and Enzo
be available to several people-- is to proceed as follows:

a) Install the libssl-dev package
b) Install in directory  /opt
c) Set the appropiate environment flags later... (including
PATH=$PATH:/opt..... LD_LIBRARY=/opt/yt.....)

I will try it this way in my laptop... before I screw the department's
computer! :-)

Thanks again, and will let you know about it.

Hector

Dr. Héctor Aceves Campos
Instituto de Astronomía-UNAM
Apdo. Postal 106