[yt-users] Crashing PDFs and Login screen after Yt installation

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 16:56:03 PDT 2012

Hi Hector,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  The first issue is an easy fix,
you must install the libssl-dev package before running the install script.

Your OS issues are troubling and we'd like to make sure that this issue
isn't repeated.

To figure out exactly what happened, we need to know how you ran the
install script. Unfortunately you haven't given us enough information to
figure out what went wrong.  Please let us know exactly what you did,
and if you can, please forward us the install log file for the failed
installation.

Normally the install script shouldn't be able to write to system
directories like /usr/local, but if you ran the script using escalated
privileged (e.g. with sudo), it may have overwritten important system
files.  In general, the install script is not supposed to be run with
root privileges.

Cheers,

Nathan